Thursday, April 2, 2020

A little about the city of my dream

By Viktorya Sukiasian. Translated from Armenian, original here.


The distance learning period, the state of emergency declared in the country have also deprived us of the opportunity to travel. "Virtual Journeys" project is giving a chance to travel in our past and to move you very interesting places. I will take you to Spain, Barcelona.
I've expressed my impressions and feelings in every language, every time when I choose the same city I'm more convinced that my dream to live there is getting more real. I have travelled to Spain two times and I am not fully saturated with their vibrant and timely relaxed environment yet. People are very kind, they are so bright and interesting that makes me want to wave them and hug. Spanish city Barcelona is the most beautiful city not only in Europe but also in the whole world. Barcelona is an energetic Dali, Gaudí's fantastic architecture, vibrant cycling movements, stunning evenings and endless sangria, not to mention sweet churros and irreplaceable paella. My trip was extreme because on the second day my friend's phone was stolen in the subway. I want to say that despite the bright and providing city, it is impossible to avoid dangers and thefts. This case helped me to be more responsible and careful. There are must to see places in Barcelona and missing them is just a crime. Sagrada Familia- Let me tell you a little about this fantastic structure that takes every passer-by. The construction started in 1882 and it continues until today. The temple had been being built for136 years but even the half of it hasn't been completed yet. For forty-three years, Gaudí had no personal life or any other interest. The amazing architect did not even go home, he was living in one of the half-finished cells in the building making his dream come true. It happened that he was demolishing an already standing section to make minor adjustments. Gaudi's life's goal was the temple. No one has been fortunate enough to see the temple standing still. Probably another two-three generations of work and enormous financial resources are needed to see the temple as it should be, according to Gaudí's project. Park Güell- First of all, when I first visited the park, it was in the process of being renovated and I had limited time to walk around to explore the huge colorful garden. The creation of a park in this area began in 1901. The famous bench was made of pieces of glass, broken plates, fragments of decorative tiles, a pile of rubbish that ordinary people throw away. The author of this strange idea was, of course, Gaudi, he made a real work of art from garbage. The bright, colorful houses in the neighbourhood are no less impressive than the bench and it cannot be described in words. So It's one of my favorite gardens in Barcelona. There are many places that I can speak about forever but I think you should see with your own eyes. Barcelona is a city of endless energy and warmth ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Շրջանավարտի ֆոտոցուցահանդեսի հրավեր․ Եվա Բերբերյան

  Վայրը՝ Մայր դպրոցի փոքր դահլիճ, օրը՝ ապրիլի 28, ժամը 13։00 Իմ անհատական ֆոտոցուցահանդեսը Ղեկավար՝ Անի Սարգսյան «Ցտեսություն-ցնծություն» նա...