Wednesday, March 18, 2020

English flesh-mob

18.03.2020

Choose the proper word: “do” or “make”.


  1. It’s hard to … friends when you move to a big city.
    make
  2. Tom, why have you … Mary so angry?
    make
  3. Everyone … badly in the test. The highest grade was 70.
    do
  4. Would you like me to … a cup of coffee?
    make
  5. Our washing machine … the washing properly.
    do
  6. How many mistakes …you … in your dictation?
    do you make
  7. ….me a favour, lend me your smartphone for a minute.
    do
  8. I will … my best to achieve my aim.
    do
  9. I …my mind to become an architect.
    make
  10. They can hardly … both ends meet.
    make
Answer the questions by using the antonyms to the underlined words (sensitive, legible, comfort, expected, possible) using prefixes like: “il, in, dis, im, un ”
  1.  Is she very sensitive to other people’s feelings.. Just on the contrary, …
    Is she very sensitive to other people’s feelings.. Just on the contrary, she is very insensitive 
  2.  Is his handwriting legible? Sometimes his handwriting ...
     Is his handwriting legible? Sometimes his handwriting is illegible 
  3. Do you feel comfort here? Just on the contrary, …
    Do you feel comfort here? Just on the contrary, comfort 
  4. Is it expected that the report will suggest some major reforms. How optimist you are! It is … .
    Is it expected that the report will suggest some major reforms. How optimist you are! It is unexpected.
  5. Is it possible to finish all the work by the end of the week? I am a pessimist. It is …
    Is it possible to finish all the work by the end of the week? I am a pessimist. It is impossible.
Study the list of such acronyms or abbreviations and try to write the following in proper English. 

  1. Why R u L8?
    Why are u late?
  2.  IRL she is more beautiful.
    In real life she is more beautiful. 
  3. OMG, IDK wr 2g in my smmr hols.
    Oh my god, I don't know where to go in my summer holidays.
  4. R Ppl becoming technological zombies?
    Are people becoming technological zombies?
  5. Who R u? IDK u.
    Who are you? I don't know you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Շրջանավարտի ֆոտոցուցահանդեսի հրավեր․ Եվա Բերբերյան

  Վայրը՝ Մայր դպրոցի փոքր դահլիճ, օրը՝ ապրիլի 28, ժամը 13։00 Իմ անհատական ֆոտոցուցահանդեսը Ղեկավար՝ Անի Սարգսյան «Ցտեսություն-ցնծություն» նա...