D:Complete the sentences with these verbs.
stay, talk, win, read. smoke. watch. change. lose. go, close
1. Julie suggested going to the movies but I was really tired and decided against it.
2. Would you mind closing the window, please?
3. I like Susan very much but she does tend to talk an awful lot.
4. Can someone show me how change the film in this camera?
5. You seem to have lost a lot of weight.
6. Everyone wanted him to win the tournament.
7. They don’t allow you talk in this building.
8. She wouldn’t let me read the letter she had written to her aunt.
9. I would advise you to stay the night because the roads are treacherous.
10. Child psychologists do not encourage to watch TV after 9 o’clock at night.
E: Correct the following sentences.
1. Tom suggested me to buy a new laptop computer.
2. Why do you dislike to watch TV with me.
3. Trying some of this wine. Maybe you will like it.
4. I am looking forward to see you soon.
5. He apologised me for the delay.
apologised to me
6. Did you have any trouble to get a green card for the States.
7. It is a waste of time to go to the Psychology lecture.
to go- going
8. I can’t afford going on holiday.
9. Foreigners are not used to drive on the left
to drive- driving
10. I’m going to Spain learning Spanish.
Learning- to learn